Exactly what im thinking.He uses the term finger less and says they did it in Brittan where he is from.He also made a comment that since i don't know anything about it that the Canadian license is worthless and that im not qualified to do any work.To be honest.I don't think he qualified to sweep the floor behind me after im done doing my work.
This is a hospital engineering department run by an outside contractor who refuses to adopt arc flash regulations.They wont buy the electricians code books and had a loto course in August only because it was mandated.They still have not bought us our locks so we are forced to either buy and use our own loto locks or more often than not use a commonly keyed lock.Regardless the lock gets either cut off or someone takes it.
The best part is that there is no written electrical policy The the floors often call down to have patient electrical equipment brought from home "inspected"Since there is no policy there are no standards to inspect for.I have brought this all up and he says it coming.It has been "coming"for the last 3yrs.
This new pissing match started because the thermografic report came back and i have a few "hot" jobs to do with no PPE. Dont you have to have the rated PPE to live test and troubleshoot equipment? This has been going on since this new management took over 3yrs ago.I have flat out refused the work and was instructed that as an essential service work refusal on the grounds of safety is restricted by law if patient care is compromised. I have 4rys to retirement and i dont think im gonna make it.Ill either be dead,in jail or in the nut house.I swear to god im working in the twilight zone.Im a multi-ticket tradesman who has never seen anything that even comes close to this in 32yrs of working in trades
Any options or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Last edited by frank; 01/06/17 02:02 PM.