Seriously, I can't think of a good reason for everyday home appliances to still be equipped with fixed cords today, 45 years and counting since the IEC (60)320 family was introduced. At least, not in 220-240V regions.

I already evaluated the possible reasons in this thread on Hardware Insights (my favourite technology review site to date, albeit a small one; along with being a forum moderator, I have the role of QCing content on the main site), eight months ago. Given that copper supplies are running out, breaking from the tradition of including the cords in the appliance package is quite overdue (IMO). Mind you, it's sad to see people ridiculing those (few) companies that choose not to continue with this rather wasteful practice, and had it been stopped in due course (which would have been the '80s or so), then we might have avoided (or at least minimised) the recent trend to stiffer cords in the interests of "economy".

Granted, consumerism is a disaster either way, but continuing with the fixed (and bundled) cords isn't helping. Anyway, here are some example loads that could use the connectors, but haven't (at least not that I'm aware of):
  • C5/C6 (2.5A, Class I, 70°C): Energy-saving lamps (especially with electronic drivers), soldering stations
  • C7/C8 (2.5A, Class II, 70°C): Lamps (incandescent including halogen, and some magnetically-ballasted fluorescent types), portable fans, mains-operated clocks, blenders, etc.
  • C13/C14 (10A, Class I, 70°C): Convection heaters (including oil-filled column types), toasters, dishwashers, fridges and freezers, microwave ovens, and more.
  • C15/C16 (10A, Class I, 120°C): Radiant heaters
  • C15A/C16A (10A, Class I, 155°C): Clothes irons
  • C17/C18 (10A, Class II, 70°C): Double-insulated convection heaters (especially fan heaters), hair-dryers
Yeah, they're pretty much as versatile as Lego.

Incidentally, this is the repair I made to a F&P E331T after rodents chewed up most of it some months ago; so far no further damage. (I'm not sure if "by-the-book" inspectors would let it pass, but done competently, it can't be more dangerous than the flammable R-600a refrigerant used in current politically correct fridges. crazy)

Even the long-neglected C9/C10 (6A, Class II, 70°C; it's the rectangular one with 2 parallel pins) might just see a new lease of life, as ideal for hair-dryers up to 1440W @ 240V. (It's still a rather doubtful proposition, though; I don't know if you can even obtain new C9 cords anywhere.)

At this rate, I wouldn't consider it unreasonable simply to force the everyday appliances (in 230V regions, anyway) to use the IEC inlets, and to disallow bundled cords. Any questions?