This cable has already been run by others through a ceiling space(plenum)and up though the roof.We actually had appropriate wire already purchased to surface mount on the roof but the cabling portion of the job was contracted out due to lack of man power.The contractor used the proper CMP ft-6 wire for the plenum but then ran it up the stacks onto the roof and into the units.
I wanted an exact match in the manufactures chart just to be sure of the listing as the manufacturer listing trumps everyone else,should have explained that a little better.
If new wire needs to be pulled and or boxes installed it has to be on their dime so I needed to be 100% sure.
Sadly we only have one code book for the shop and of course it's MIA and I wont get a new one until January.I was hopping someone would check the UL,CSA listing or help nail it down on the manufactures spec charts by model number.

CMP rated wire must be self extinguishing and low toxicity as a result the PVC jacket cannot be made UV resistant,is very brittle and does not have the abrasion resistant qualities typically found in cables rated for air conditioner condensers,roof top package units and air handlers(shakers).It looks and acts just like Cat 5,If bent to 90 degrees the color will fade to white and stay white as the jacket deforms and does not recover.

Last edited by frank; 12/18/14 05:15 PM.