These days, I work for a variety of different folks, with the usual stipulation of "just bring your hand tools, and maybe a cordless drill."

Yea, Right.

Jobs have had me park extreme distances from the actual work location. I invariably end up carrying things in boxes (cordless tools)and odd-shaped things like fish tapes and pipe benders.

Terrain? While the floors are typically concrete, there's usually a dirt / gravel parking lot, followed by 50 yards of rutted mud to the building itself. Within the building, that 'smooth' floor has all manner of pipes, steps, and other things you need to work around. Then there's the matter of getting near work, and around machinery.

Finally, once I'm there ...who wants to work at floor level? Wouldn't you rather have things near waist level, and be able to carry SOME parts with you?

Sure, I'm familiar with the traditional cart. The good ol' rattling cart, too long for tight corners, a bottom shelf that seems to warehouse un-findable stuff, and a bear to get up stairs. Better than nothing - but not the final word.

An added twist is that I'm driving a small car. Great mileage, but not so great for hauling things.

So far, my new cart has earned a lot of smiles. Naturally, the first assumption is that I simply stole the cart from a local market. This (unspoken) thought is followed by comments about how much they like these little carts when they go shopping. The wheels are certainly much better than the usual cart wheels.

One afterthought: I need to hang a wastebasket from the cart. No problem- Rubbermaid has been making hang-on containers for restaurant carts for years, and I'm sure they have a size I will like.

This is MY cart. A cart for ME. Were I running a job, I would have completely different solutions to specific tasks, like running EMT or pulling #12's.