I am new here and I need basic info. I have a collection of small power transformers most with multi primary and secondary coils. These are NOT marked in anyway. Judging from the colors I srmise that the primary would be 100 through 240 volts and the secondary would be coils of 6,12,24,with center taps. The secondary has 2 or more coils of the same color with the tap in between. Of couse I am guessing. The primary has multi color leads with black, brown,white among them. From the various scematics I have black and brown, or white and brown are usually 110.

From all this is there anyway to determine the voltages of these coils? This also applies to my pile of solenoids, also unmarked. I know where most of them came from. The issue is that the voltages range anywhere from 12 to 110 DC. A 24 volt can be identical in size and shape to a 110. The plungers may or may not be the same diameter. My only conclusion is that the smaller the box and plunger the lower the voltage. But that varies.

Any simple rules/measureing of resistance that establishes the coils voltage is what I need. Is there a relationship between resistanc of the coil and its accompaning voltage? A chart? Counting turns, wire gauge, ect is impractical as well as not possible. The units that these transformers sols came from are not available. Thanks in advance. reeltoreelguy@gmail.com.