I'm a little disappointed at the lack of response to this thread - and the lack of enthusiasm for these devices.

That they exist at all suggests that there is a market for things that are not simply the cheapest possible option. Remember- we're businessmen, not auditors. We're supposed to CHASE the money, not follow it!

Further viewing of that magazine shows all manner of lovely kitchens- all missing required receptacles. The worst offenders are the islands- I expect the pop-out (out the side, not the top!) is a solution designers might like.

The On/off outlet flies in the face of those who argue for 'ground up,' but it incorporates a switch - a feature common overseas. These things might just become 'mandatory' in the next code edition frown

The switches suggest all manner of new approaches for devices exposed to the weather, or other challenges.

Of course, I look at these new gizmos from my own unique point of view. In my home, I expect the cats would quickly find all manner of amusement, popping outlets and switching lights in the wee hours laugh