We installed a 100a residential panel the other day. This is how we did it...

#2 SEU from the meter, ran a few feet over then penetrating the outside wall. Once in the wall the service cable was ran 6" or less before entering the stud bay where the panel was mounted. At this point the cable was bent into a 90* and entered the bottom of the panel through the center KO. A total of less than 2' (probably 18") of wire entered the home.

(The panel was not back to back with the outside of the home, it is 90* relative to the outside wall, with none or very little stud space before the stud space the panel was mounted in.)

Bonding and everything else looks great. (of course. smile )

Inspector calls me to tell me its wrong and I should of came through the side of the panel. Which means drilling the stud, and somehow fitting a connector between the stud and the panel.

This panel was a pain in the butt too. Drywall all around it, wires coming in top and bottom and had to notch one of the studs because it was about 1" short of being wide enough.

Inspector wants me to meet him at the house next week, to discuss, what I assume to be the finer points of the code regarding unfused conductors and keeping them as short as possible.

Whats the verdict on this install?

PS. Conductors where ran exactly the same as the old ones we pulled out.

Last edited by Trick440; 08/29/13 06:17 PM.

Shake n Bake