Joe: I see your point, that makes good sense to know which breaker is feeding what part of the process, I'll have to see what I can determine on that front at a later time.

What I'm interested in knowing right now is simply the peak demand for the overall two breaker system, the two data points given were the peak demand of each breaker over the same time interval. This is what lead me to my summation assumption. I'm glad to know that others seem to concur that this is OK to do.

The two breaker system is the system we are looking to move the process off of. The single breaker system that we would like to move the process onto already runs a similar process (minimal changeover would be required), and can do it with greater capability at a lower cycle time. The similar process has a peak demand of 58 kW over the same time frame for a net reduction of 5 kW in peak demand.

So now I think I can begin some calculations that could turn into dollar signs for my boss (which hopefully in turn will be enough to appease his boss smile )

Thanks to everyone for the welcome and the input, I greatly appreciate it.