I want to clarify how to properly ground and install a 120/240 200A service (based on CEC code requirements). Here are two scenarios:

1) Install system grounding conductor in meter base by running properly sized copper wire from ground lug in meter base to ground rods (or ground plate). From the meter base run 2 black and one white to combination panel with main disconnect. Neutral lug is bonded to ground bar in 200 A combination panel. The system is properly grounded via the neutral wire between panel and meter base. (note that PVC pipe used between meter base and main 200A panel)

2) In house with copper water pipes install system grounding conductor in 200 A combination panel by running properly sized copper wire to water pipe (before water meter - street side) and attach using an appropriate connector. From the meter base run 2 black and one white to combination panel with main disconnect. Neutral lug is bonded to ground bar in 200 A combination panel. System is properly grounded. The meter base is also bonded to ground via the supply side neutral. (note that PVC pipe used between meter base and main 200A panel)

For any additional sub-panels you would run 2 black, 1 white and a green from the main panel to the sub-panel and disconnect bonding between the neutral bar and the ground bar in the sub-panel. This ensures the neutral does not have two separate paths to ground.

Are the two scenarios I have identified correct? I expect that local rules may be different but from my understanding this is acceptable in NB.

Please let me know.

AF, NB Canada