I have Quickbooks Pro 2009. I have tried to restore but my restore will not work. It says there was an "unspecified error". I've tried it several times and the same thing. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall, and it still will not come up. I get the message that I need IE 6.0 or later. I have IE 9. I have went through all steps that QB gives to "fix", but still no good. I have installed it on another computer, and it did download, but I cannot restore the files because it is an older computer. I have my files backed up on a flash drive and have converted them to a CD, . Thought I had it restored, but now I need the updates, and I cannot get an internet connection on it( another problem). I tried switching my wires from one computer to the old one, but still no internet. Must be something wrong with the old computer too:( I'm sorta in a mess right now. Only thing I see to do now is completely start over with my newest computer, then reinstall quickbooks. That means I will have to go through everything and try to save it so I won't totally loose it:(
All this happened on 1/15/13. I still think it's got to do with IE9 and Quickbooks. If any other suggestions before I loose everything, I would appreciate it. I've went through the "panic" stage, and now am in the "don't know what to do stage" frown Thanks again. Any idea what could be wrong with a computer that will not recognize an internet connection? I have Windows XP on the older computer. The internet connection has worked in the past. I just have not used it in a long time since I use my newer computer most of the time. Thanks again....