Harold, I'll have to look again but I don't think I have a picture of that?

Here's some more pictures. These Levittown Jubilees were built with a total of four hi-hats; one over the front door outside, one at the top of the staircase, one in the first floor hallway and one in the kitchen. This house still has two intact, outside and at the top of the stairs, with the other two being butchered out of existence. Here's the extant pair:

[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com] [Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]

The previous homeowner (handyman) and his son (partner in crime) decided to convert the other two to conventional fixtures at some point. For each one they butchered it in a different fasion, with the kitchen one later being partly abandoned in favor of a ceiling fan in the center of the room. First here's the hallway fixture. It consists of the old can being removed and replaced with a sheet metal plate with a box floating over a hole punched in the center. The splices fell right apart.:

[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com] [Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]

And I guess when they put the fixture up they cut the wire too short, needless to say these splices also fell right apart cry :

For now I can only pulled the fixture down, fixed the splices and put it back as-is. Unfortunately the can itself is no longer there so I can't simply convert it back, but the way it's done now doesn't seem too "bad" since it's secured to the old hi-hat brackets. As for the kitchen...

Last edited by Theelectrikid; 01/16/13 11:10 PM.

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?