I have an industrial customer who is wanting a 200 amp feeder to feed a 120/208 3 phase panel. They sent me the specs for the machines that are going to be used in the panel. He list (3) douple pole 20 amp 240 volt circuits,(5) 30 amp 240 volt circuits, (4) 20 amp. 120 volts, (1) 15 amp 120 volt circuit, and (1) 5 amp 120 volt circuit. At this point I can only assume that this is the running current. The total amperage of these machines is 310 amps. If I read the code right for these machines there are no reductions for this kind of feeder that can be applied, and a 200 amp feeder will be too small. The feeder is to come off of a 120/208 buss duct and feed the panel. Any input on this? Am I reading the code right here? I guess I need to see if the information he sent me is the actual running current or just the overload protection device. Any input would be appreciated. Also I have plans of using a fusible plug in unit on the buss duct and feeding to a main lug panel. The plug in disconnect will be around 20 to 25 ft. in the air. Is this still permissable to use the main like this even if it is not readily accessible? Thanks again.. Steve
Also I guess I need to ask him if all these machines will be or will be capable of running at the same time...

Last edited by sparkync; 12/22/12 09:38 PM.