OK, I've bitten off more than I can chew...

A farm owner has decided to have a music festival. The headlining band is a group called "Clutch" Go here for tour dates, check out 8-4-01...

Anyway, it is up to moi to change a cow pasture into a amphitheater / sound stage, electrically, that is.

The list of requirements from Clutch is:
Power:
200 Amp 3 phase for sound
300 Amp 3 phase for lights

No mention of voltage or any other info.

Just what kind of sound equipment runs on 3 phase?

The nearest 3 phase supply is at least ten miles away...

Why so much amperage? The WV State Fair only uses two 200A for Pete's sake!

If they insist on seperate services for the lights and the sound (due to hum), will I have to put in an ISO Xformer? Or just put in two discos mounted to the same meterbase and convince them it's OK?

The production manager for the festival says that Clutch is only bringing instruments and such, "we" are to provide the sound gear and lighting (there must've been a mouse in his pocket).

I told him I need nameplate ratings on every piece of equipment that will be present at the gig, all the way down to individual coffee pots, outdoor lighting, etc. I need nameplate ratings on the lighting gear and the sound equipment, etc. etc. none of which has been even bid for yet...let alone decided on.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah, somehow the production manager thought I said $7.00 per hour... I laughed in his face! I said no less than $20, and I'll include all time involved, office, travel and meetings. So far I've got about 4 hours involved...

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 06-21-2001).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI