Originally Posted by Scott35
Sparks,

I have a few questions per your Project.

1. How large is this Building - as in Square Footage? I'm guessing 24,000+
  2. Are any other Tenants' Services driven from the same Transformer array? No
  3. Is the existing 480V Delta Grounded or Ungrounded?
  4. Are any other Tenants' Services driven from the same Transformer array? Grounded
  5. What is the KVA Capacity of the existing Transformer array?
  6. Are any other Tenants' Services driven from the same Transformer array? Not sure but over size for load. Long history
  7. Will your Client have any Motor-Driven Equipment;
    either a single Unit sized 10 HP and +,
    &/or
    multiple 3 + HP Units?
  8. Are any other Tenants' Services driven from the same Transformer array? Nope
  9. Are there any existing Heatpumps, driven by the 480V System?
  10. Are any other Tenants' Services driven from the same Transformer array? Nothing is running on 480v but the transformers
  11. Will there be a significant amount of Warehouse Lighting per this T.I.?
  12. Are any other Tenants' Services driven from the same Transformer array? No
  13. Will you need to add Service Laterals between the Transformer Pole and the Service?
  14. Are any other Tenants' Services driven from the same Transformer array? No because the energy costs it's like $0.30/kWh
  15. What is the Poco charging for the Transformer changeout?
  16. Are any other Tenants' Services driven from the same Transformer array? No. The new transformer that will go in part of a different upgrade and will be a multitap in anticipation of this project
  17. What did your Load Calcs show for the Computed Load?
  18. Are any other Tenants' Services driven from the same Transformer array? I don't know off hand however a PE sized the new tranny for the existing load to include the transformers plus future capacity.
  19. What size are the SDS Transformers, and are they currently pumping out "too much heat"? No and sometime depends on lack of load
  20. What size is the existing Service Equipment, and is the existing Service Equipment "Smithsonian Institute Worthy"
    (Antiquated)? Currently is a 800 amp service but it feeds an entire compound. It's 30 year old I-line. I dont think it's getting replaced as part of the compound upgrade. I'll still putting this together and my paperwork is 3000 miles away

I am wondering if the 480V Service might be a better choice overall. No

Will check back later today, and see what your answers are.

Lastly... Dude, you are on Vacation!!! Go have fun with your Wife and Family!!! Engineer this Project when the Vacation is over, and you are back in the Office / Field / Meetings / Etc. I'm just brainstorming and had a conference call that day. Figured to bounce it other sparks. I work with non electrical govt enginners that couldn't navigate out of a wet paperbag if they fell. I'm actually here for the arrival of my first grandchild. They are inducing my daughter as we speak. I'm just killing time
Please do not take offense to the latter statements, as they were inserted as a Positive thing only. None taken

-- Scott

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa