Originally Posted by "dougwells"
Remember there are certified contractors In British Columbia. maybe it is time to have this place legally compliant.
Hello dougwells and thanks for your input. Getting a certified contractor in would of course be ideal and the best solution although as I've mentioned earlier the owners of the lodge already spent too much on their new battery bank and I don't think they will be able to afford a licensed electrician. At the moment they are doing everything themselves to safe money and the installation is definitely not as per the BC code. Maybe I should just try and turn a blind eye although that goes against the grain...

BTW I am very knowledgeable of the new Canadians working in Canada.
so I do know what new Canadians go through to be able to be sponsored and beable to work in Canada.
A very kind offer thanks but not applicable to me! I'm just passing through Canada while on holiday and volunteering at the lodge for a short while before heading off again. I've even been to your neck of the woods in Kamloops and fished in the Scuitto Lake, although the big one got away of course wink