"Don't remember." Sure, and I can't recall what sort of restaurant uses chopsticks either.

I can't tell businesses how to act wisely. As far as I'm concerned, this whole import mess is a shining opportunity for UL to market the value of its' trademark. They need to assert that they're not just another test lab- and back off from all this ISO 9000, 'international standards' codswhallop. They need to crow "We're NOT just like everyone else."

Why should there be 'international standards?' While the breaker makers might snicker that their cleverly different design prevents others from competing, it also means that they will miss the opportunity to push the other guy aside.

Maybe we place too much on the 'listing and labling' issue. Imagine ... if everyone was actually expected to judge for themselves whether something was adequate? The avarice of the factory would be balanced by their need to convince the customer that their improvements were worth money.

Heck, using standard industrial components, I can turn an ordinary pull can into one heck of a panel - and if Allen-Bradley stops making the breaker I want, I can just snap a Telemechanique onto that same DIN rail!

We have the best engineers in the world - how about we let them actually be engineers?