I worked for one shop in particular that was tops when it came to speed. They taught me some good stuff.

Here to make money you have to do it on the rough, the trim is a break even at best situation. When roughing, use the Milwaukee D handle drill w/ the three foot extension and the 22 degree head. Saves numerous trips up and down the ladder. Drill extra holes in the header above your switch boxes. Use the smoke detector circuit as a homerun, for the circuit farthest from the panel. Use 3M stackers. When you wire a box from a ladder strip and splice the wires while your're there eliminating a second trip up and down.

In condos or complexes try to wire all the units exacltly the same. When your troubleshooting makes life much easier.

This shop even devised a system of bending and twisting the romex sticking out of the box in lieu of marking each cable with a sharpie.

They even went so far as to drill two holes above each outlet box. So that the romex can be run through the lower hole (within 6") directly into the box eliminating the need for a staple. I personally prefer the look of one hole and the wires stapled.

They did some stuff that I would never do like looping all the TV and Telephone lines. I run home runs to each location.

I did the same test with my first foreman there. His claim to fame was that he could wire an A- unit in two days by himself. Which he did, but it took another day and a half to fix all his mistakes, on the trim. It took me three and a half days, but I know that I'll never be in that unit again fixing any mistakes.