What is standard procedure for some of you for providing temporary service poles for building contractors on houses you wire?? I just got a new contractor, and I get the filling he's wanting me to do a lot of freebie's for him to compensate for letting me do his work. I do want his work and he knows it, and I know you have to give a little to compensate for the work you may get from him in the future, but I don't want to go overboard. Getting his work already will mean I will have to get Workman's Comp. Insurance, ( which in my state, I don't normally have to have unless I have over 2 helpers) but his insurance company requires the subcontractors to have it. The cheapest workman's comp. so far I can get is either $850.00 for nothing but a number, no coverage whatsoever, or around $1400.00 which don't even cover me, but covers one helper at a salary of $20,000 a year. I will probably be forced to hire some help, to keep up with this contractors work. Up til now, I have done rewires, service changes, etc., etc. and subcontracted for another electrical company in wiring houses, but this is the first one I have had to supply the service pole.. I gave him a basic price for wiring the houses, but didn't provide the amounts I would charge for other things like fixing the former electrical contractors mistakes, service calls, etc. As I have stated in earlier post, the prices around my area are not as good as they are in some of you all's areas. There's so much competition here, you have to cut your prices down if you're going to get any work, especially in new homes.. Any suggestions, especially about the service poles will be appreciated.. Thanks, Steve [Linked Image]