John,

I started out in this business in 1975. My boss would make me read the NEC to make sure that we were doing the job correctly. He also would allow me to read his EC&M mags. Then I got my own subscription. Later in the years the mag became free and I stayed with it. I loved to do the quizzes, I read Joe when he wrote code in the columns, I always like to see what's new out in the filed. Then Joe started to "Find the violation" pictures, and I use to scour them with a fine tooth comb. However times got tough and prices rose and I understand. Joe and I were on *P* back then and I learned that there is nothing better than learning from my fellow peers. I enjoyed the web chats and bulletin boards. I have been on several other beside here, but I always come back. There is never any flaming on this board. People here treat you with respect and listen to one another. I enjoy that and I like to put my 2 cents in here when I can. I apologize, that I am usually "Johnny come lately" and I don't get here as much as I like to. The people here are not just electricians, AHJ's they are also like friends. I will try to be here as long as I can.