The control circuit is just a pump mag, the 208 VAC is not isolated from the load at all. 14 gage gives a surge voltage drop of 9.2 to 9.4% (results from two different programs, slightly different wire assumptions). Droping the power factor as expected in a coil to an assumed 0.5 bring the drop t0 4.9% (beyond the capability of one program). I other words I am crossing the line between threory and practicality.

Using loose math, we take the coil and assume that its X/R ratio is 11 (my first likely bad assumption):
thus R = 11X, Z=V*V/VA=(208)(208)/311=139
Z=sqrt(X*X + R*R)= sqrt(121(X*X) + X*X), so
X=12.6 (reactance)
R=138

The 14 gage wire (from Table 9) for 2100 feet
X=.3
R=13

for a final
X=13
R=151

Z= 152

This gives a circuit flow of 1.36 amps when compared with the 1.5 amps of the mag at its rating, is a 10% drop in current. The mag should be rated for proper operation from -20% to +10% thus we are with in the operational parameters even during the initial surge with 14 gage.

But none of this takes in account the capacitve component of the 2100(*2) of wire.
C=0.225AK/tE12 where A is the area, K is the dielectric constant (Vacuum K=1, air greater than 1, solids and liquids may be 2 to 14000), and t is the distance in inches between plates, E12 means 10 to the 12 power.

Making a boat load of bad assumptions:
K=2, t=0.133 (the diameter of XHHW-2), A=(diameter of 14ga)(one way length in inches)=(0.024)(25,200)=604.8

so
C=2 nanofarads (and could be off by a factor of 1000 larger)
reactance of wire would be X=-1/2(3.14)fC = -0.2 to 200 micro which is insignificant.

I am probably over analysing this, but it seems with all my bad assumptions that this would not be an issue, but in the real world??? Such as I did not take into account the power factor effect, and all this may be just pulling the wool over your eyes making it seem like an EE is needed. Besides, I may have mistakes in here besides the poor assumptions.

The compound relay situation is what I want to avoid, for I would go beyond that to likely a Gems Sensor such as the series 26M. No issues there other than surge protecting the line if desired, they can sometimes see the surge protection as a closed contact.

Shane