I'm currently working on the R/I of a custom home. They have selected all 3" pots for the house. I'm currently in the area of 60 total with 40 being in insulated ceilings. It has become a standard with our builders for us to use air tite housings along with the Cool Blue vapour hats over top. The biggest issue now is that with the massivly oversized housing on these 3" pot lites, the arms on them wont extend far enough to hit the trusses with the Cool Blue over top. The only way we can see is to cut the vapor hat to fit the arms through, then reseal with tuck tape. This is going to be a time consuming process on an already rushed job. Anyone have any ideas or tricks from possible dealing with this sort of situation? The thoght did cross my mind that if we are using and insulated housing, wouldn't it be acceptable just to us standard poly to cover them or perhaps a large clear poly hat similar to what HVAC guys use over bath fans? In my opinion one the housing is insulated, there should be no requirment for 90 Degree rating for the vapor hat.