Here is what I have done so far in remedying this boot leg upgrade.
1) Installed Two driven rods and connected them to the unused upper lug in the picture.
2) Installed additional lug on wall of disconnect, with the paint sanded away underneath it, to receive the Equipment Grounding Conductor; that was previously terminated in the small lower lug by inserting as many strands as would fit.
3) Ran a new Grounding Electrode Conductor (GEC) to the Copper underground water pipe lateral that extends back to the public water main. The GEC is connected on the street side of the main water shut off less than one foot from were it comes through the basement wall into the house. The new GEC is now connected to the small lower lug that used to have the feeder EGC partially terminated to it.
4) Separated the EGCs from the Grounded Current Carrying Conductors (Neutrals) in the panel that the feeder supplies.
5) Removed the bogus connection in the feeder supplied panel that was between the neutral buss and the interior water piping several yards away from were the water pipe enters the home.
6) Removed the bonding screws from the feeder supplied panel's neutral buss.
7) Since the service entry cable is 2/0 AWG I replaced the two hundred ampere fuses with 150 ampere fuses.
8) Removed some creatures store of nuts from the meter enclosure and installed a KO blank in the opening in the bottom of the can were the original service entry cable was before this "upgrade" was done.
9) Removed the rest of the service entry cable that was abandoned in the wall beneath the meter and filled the hole with duct seal.

I'm going to confess that I missed the absence of bonding on the nipple between the meter can and the disconnect enclosure. So let me ask for opinions on how to remedy that and the absence of a watertight connection on the disconnect end of the nipple.

I propose to install bonding locknuts on both ends of the nipple and add a sealing lock nut to the nipple on the outside of the disconnect enclosure.

For right now I'm going to have to leave the service entry cable undisturbed because the young widow that is paying the mortgage, who's husband was murdered in Iraq for cooperating with the US, cannot afford to hire a locally licensed electrician to complete the repairs. I have been doing the work thus far as a church volunteer. I cannot afford to take the money out of my families budget in order to become licensed in that state and county in order to pull a permit there. Having decreased the fuse sizes down to the existing cables ampacity I have done what I can to make this basically safe. I'm afraid I'll have to leave it there once I clear up the bonding and watertight connection issue.

Tom Horne

"This alternating current stuff is just a fad. It is much too dangerous for general use" Thomas Alva Edison