Reno:
I have read a lot on the counterfeit subject, most of which was mfg documents, and some from UL.

It can be an issue, but how can the electricians, and inspectors determine ti differences, as items that I have seen with my eyes are very, very good fakes?

We, as a country import enormus quantities of merchandise and INHO that is where this 'fake' stuff has to be stopped.

Being a state with a very busy container port (Newark/Eliz/NY) I seem to realize that 'checking' everything is inpractical, and probably next to impossible.

Occasionally, we read about a 'big' bust at the port, be it 'knokk-off' clothing, shoes, purses, etc., and I seem to only remember two (2) publicized 'busts' of electrical related items. One was extension cords, the other...SQ D QO CBs!

The mfgs invest substantial $$$ in investigating fakes, for a lot of reasons. It's an ongoing situation for them to protect there brands, be it Sq D, or Nike, Coach, Pravda, etc.

Recently, in excess of $50k in knockoff clothing, purses, shoes was seized at a local flea market.

End game, buying from an reliable electrical distributor, or the 'big box'. Some questionable items that I have seen are 'internet' buys. I'm not saying ALL bargains are issues, but some thought should be applied to the 'bargain' prices.

John