...I don't know about other parts of Jersey,..but here in Northern NJ, primarily Bergen County.. it's dead...(for me anyway)

..this entire summer season I've had only one large contract job,(a 3300 SF house) and some service work.. and this is supposed to have been our busy season..

...Everything is cut-throat now,..the bidding process is a war zone.. a farce! people from Hudson County and Passaic County coming in and offering to do residential 200 amp. upgrades for $1200.00-$1500.00... how can you dare compete?
AFCI breakers alone are close to $40.00 each for single poles.. granted copper came down a bit from the insane prices of 5 years ago,..but where is the profit margin?
We're actually doing MORE work for less money and all I keep hearing is that "this is a recession,..if you don't want the work, I know 20 other guys that would love to have it".. this coming from GC's and homeowners that I've done plenty of work for in the past.

Don't get me wrong,..I LOVE my trade,..and all the BS that goes with it,..but until this economy is resuscitated, I fear the worst for the coming winter months..I may have to get a night job at Big Orange just to feed my family..and that just stinks..to think that I went thru all my training, jumping thru hoops to get my license to have to stock shelves in the electrical dept at Depot.
its disgusting

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"