Some observations and about the situation. There was no detectable odor of burned electrical components, which I did think was unusual after finding the toasted insulation. I don't know how long the terminal had been loose on the breaker, but from the looks of it my guess was that it had been that way since original installation in 1999. The fellow that reset the breaker several times said that one time the transformer was very noisy, this was before finding the loose connection on breaker. I am monitoring the secondary side at present but no trips yet. I don't know if my recorder shows duration or not it is a amprobe DM-1 Digital recorder and if it does, I didn't check. I have switched the breaker on and off and it dosen't feel gritty. I know this isn't very scientific but many other times such a high resistance connection on a breaker has left the ones I have seen with a noticable feel in the switch operation. I do not have a breaker to swap and as much as I hate to admit it I may become a parts swapper to solve this one. I really appreciate all of your help.
Thanks,
Watthead