Reporting back on the FM deal here.

These people are a hard dollar.

Everything they do is elevated to crisis management, and then they hide behind the anonymity of e-mails and faxing orders with little to zero human intervention

All their crisis's are 'not to exceed' $500, and if it does , they go into meltdown mode

EVERYONE hates these people, i show up and introduce myself as being from FM , and managers spit on the ground before they can even say hello

I've noted that some of their clients are getting trades from 2 states away, even though they are lousey with said trades right next door!

speaks volumes im(not so humble this a.m.)o....

They like to move the goal posts too, first a job is 'critical' i.e.- do what it takes, after it's billed out it gets downgraded to 'general maintenance' , forgetting all about the crisis=$$$ sunday night deal.

Or they'll insist you didn't get whatever piece of paperwork 2 months ago after being confronted on an invoice

So i've been playin' their own game against them....

Went to one of their calls the other day, parking lot lights out. Found out from the manager that it's been that way for 4 months

4 months!

they call every other day asking for an eta, at first i said they needed to pay up on the 70+day old invoices out there.

Now i just say it's raining, or the parts on the truck

effectively placing the job in limbo

they violate the first rule of biz

don't want quick & pay slow

so if you've read my rant thus far, tread carefully if considering a stint with these people folks

~S~