I agree, that's why I use a password manager. This is licensed software, not freeware stuff.
The program I'm using now generates an 8-character base password that I then add up to an additional 55-characters of my own for a total of 63-characters.
Most websites and others only allow passwords to be 18-characters or less though, so I can either create my own or generate a basic 8-character password and add an additional ten random characters of my own. These are stored in an encrypted file that is password protected, on a separate removable drive that is also password protected. The program allows you to copy and paste so no key logging, and the clipboard is automatically cleared every time the program in closed. The passwords only show up as asterisks in the programs password lists when the program window is open, so if someone is looking over your shoulder, or using remote camera they can't read anything on the page at all.
My firewall is configured to block this program form accessing the Internet, in case a Trojan tries to download any password information.