I suppose the real point is you need to make your local government happy. There are as many different rules as there are AHJs.
Usually when this happens that one person is qualified in more than one trade is during that grandfather period right after the laws are passed. They get to lump a lot of the same time into more than one trade and the licensing authority is still trying to figure out what "experience" really means since there was no real recording before they had a law.
In Florida in the period around 1994-5 when they were hammering out the state licensing laws and getting people certified it really didn't take much to be licensed if you were good with standardized tests. I know I was looking at the "Limited Low Voltage" license, using my IBM connectivity (data cabling) training and experience as the qualifications and the DBPR person said I could be an "Unlimited EC" if I wanted to post the higher bond and I could pass the test.
In the end I just went for inspector. I didn't want to work that hard and I was already IAEI certified in all three disciplines. The test at the time was just the SBCCI inspector test. (a lot easier than IAEI in my opinion)

Now they are a lot more specific about what constitutes experience.
If you were one of those "one man band" GCs you still can usually come up with the hours for just about anything tho.

... or you could just be old wink

Greg Fretwell