I haven't wired a new house in quiet a while, haven't done a complete rewire in quiet a while either, so I'm a little rusty on the newest code requirements concerning AFCI's.

I understand that according to the code AFCI's have to be located in bedrooms,living room, recreation rooms, dining rooms, and other habitable rooms. I THINK I understand according to one of my inspectors, that the refrigerator SHOULD NOT be on a GFCI or a AFCI circuit.

Question #1:

So the only way I see is to run the refrigerator on a circuit by itself? And I guess it's still allowable to run a dedicated 15 amp circuit to the refrigerator.

Question # 2
The circuits that have an outside receptacle coming off of an AFCI circuit; Is there a combination AFCI breaker that is allowable on circuits like this, or do I have to use a GFI receptacle also?

Question #3
If I have a circuit going to the kitchen receptacles and bring the homerun to an outlet that is not required to be GFI protected first, then go to the counter receptacles that do, can I use a combination AFCI breaker on this circuit also, or do I have to use GFI and AFCI on the same circuit?

Any other "tricks" of the trade that is allowable to cut down on AFCI's ??
Thanks for the info. I just learned from one of our inspectors that the 2011 Code is going to go back to just bedrooms having to be protected:( Seems like a waste to me, but then I acknowlege that they( the ones who make the rules) are human too. With so many minds together, you would think they could "think it out" better before making a final decision. Maybe I'm wrong
Thanks for the input.. Steve