You never need to get ripped off [so much!] if you are prepared to wait a few days and have broadband ADSL. In the last week I have bought diesel burner spare nozzles for $3.50 in New York [ local supplier wants €15 each ], and a new Danfoss oil-pump from Germany [US is cheaper but they have NPT threads] at a massive 50% saving. P&P is usually peanuts for US mail and Postie does all the humping about! From outside of the EU, BTW, if the insured value is less than €20, there are no customs duties to pay, and of course, no VAT or local taxes! My range stove was bought online from Sainsbury's Electrical £400 cheaper than Curry's. Needed a bit of creative thinking to get it here, [ it hitched a lift on a Removals truck, cost me £30 for a 'drink'!]. I've had one fraud, but West Sussex police collared 'em pdq and I got a refund from Amex. Now I try to use Paypal.

As to new plug designs, the problem is always going to be the cost of rewiring houses, especially the getting rid of the archaic ringmain/fused plug concept.

Last edited by Alan Belson; 08/31/09 08:18 PM.

Wood work but can't!