I was sitting in my cubicle today, when, one cube over, a guy from Facilities Maintenance was changing florescent bulbs out of drop lights. Next thing I hear is Pop! Hiss! OUCH!! as the Facilities guy got the living you know what shocked out of him. He was doing something to the wiring of the light itself while standing on a step-ladder (he had it dropped down, dangling). We all went over and asked him if he was ok, and he said he was, but that 277 hurt like a b****d.

I said, "Man, you're never supposed to work hot. The circuit panel is right here (five feet away)." His partner said, "Actually it's safer to work hot."

I laughed at him, right out loud, and said, "No it isn't. Check your work rules book, check your Union contract, check with your supervisor. You aren't ever supposed to do anything hot unless it's changing the bulb." They left, came back, turned off the circuit breaker and when they were done, kind of glared at me before they left. Is this a common attitude among maintenance people? I thought I was going to have to use the automatic heart defibrillator on his dumba--.

Last edited by Bigplanz; 08/20/09 08:23 PM.