ECN has a long record of honest discussion. We simply do not tolerate 'flaming' or bad manners here. Disagreement, yes .... personal attacks, no.

An inspectors' attitude is a good topic for a discussion of its' own. I've seen plenty of differences in the way an inspector treats contractors, and that attitude often has some foundation in that contractor's past jobs. Let me cite two examples:

I once had new inspector go so far as to measure my grounding pigtails in every box; he was similarly thorough as to every other detail he could think of. I don't know what inspired his attention to detail .... but I did notice his next inspection was cursory. I'm sure that his seeing the hearty reception I received at an inspectors' lunch had no influence on him at all laugh

On another job has a problematic customer, and a general with an ego. Both parties considered prints and plans as mere suggestions. On that job, relays of inspectors were constantly examining every detail .... but, for some reason, they left the electrical pretty much alone. (There was a brief fuss over my temporary power, but that was readily resolved).

Let's face it: it would be improper to accept all statements, from all parties, under all circumstances the same way. An inspector has to make a snap judgement as to whether the contractor is competent and honest. There's virtue is the inspector devoting his resources where they are most needed.