One thing that gets me about DTV, is that channel numbers mean absolutely nothing. In NTSC, Channel 2 means a 6 MHz bandwidth from 54-60 MHz. The visual carrier is at 55.25 MHz unless the station license has a plus or minus 10KHz visual carrier offset. In Chicago, Channel 2 is the only VHF station that has its DTV signal in the VHF band. My converter shows it to be in the band widfh of Ch.3 at 63MHz. Ch. 005-3 appears to be on a ch.29 at 563 MHz UHF and with no rhyme or reason to any numerical order.

Now having been a Maintenance Supervisor and Chief Engineer of 2 different full power UHF stations, I'm no slouch on TV of olde. But I freely admit to being totally clueless to this new stuff. A while ago, I posted on how I would love to see some spectrum analyzer displays. I also wonder about the output power of a station's DTV signal relative to licensed NTSC output. Our combined visual output in Cleveland was 110KW for a 2MW ERP. The 110KW is tip of sync and probably has no bearing on rating output power of a digital signal. I guess I just haven't been curious enough to look it up.
Joe