Man,
I feel sorry for anyone that has to live with such cramped "facilities" in a house.
I remember in the last house I was in, the shower, vanity, toilet and the washing machine were all in the same room and believe me, the room wasn't that big to start off with.
I always had the idea that there was some sort of building law that stipulated the minimum size that a given room could be (especially wet-rooms), before they became a safety hazard to those using them.
Reason I say that, is because one morning, getting out of the shower, I slipped in the towel I had laid on the floor before-hand and banged my head on the adjacent washing machine, I was out cold for a good 5 minutes and was glad I woke up at all.

It's amazing what problems poor house design can cause.
And with apartments getting smaller these days, it's only going to get worse.
Sorry if I've thrown this thread off course.