Which only illustrates that other factors - like the critical nature of the work - enter the decision making process.

As luck would have it, no sooner had the weather cleared than I got a 'no heat' call. That is a lot more serious than the earlier scheduled job of adding a receptacle for a freezer. After all, it was in the single digits here.

Had I still been driving my prior truck, weather would not have been an issue. This monster is another story.

If this town had either road clearing gear, or drivers experienced in bad weather driving, my decision might have been different. As it it, IMO, you're better off sitting it out if you can. Here, the problem will be gone in a day - literally! Meanwhile, you can listen to the sirens and the traffic reports, as one fool drives into another.

And, of course, that's the final element in the process: other people. They can introduce either additional safety - or hazard. That's one reason I refuse to work with helpers who don't speak english: I don't want poor communication introduce additional hazards.