I am currently wiring a 6000 sq ft 3 story house constructed of this material for the interior and exterior walls. AAC Blocks Look at the guy carrying a site made knock out block. Those are very easy for the masons to fabricate on the jobsite. I am running horizontal runs of romex in channels like these, except I am strict that they maintain more than the code allowance of 1-1/4" from the side walls of solid material. The stuff is very easy to work with, provided the masons are of good caliber. The bottom floor of the house is 50 per cent retaining walls so I ran conduit for 100 per cent of the ground floor wiring, but upstairs the wiring is romex. Passed my rough in for ground and second floors last week, no problems. Once I got used to the methods of wiring AAC block houses, I have no problem with running the romex inside the walls in channels we are making for it. The only real technicality I see is I am not really "fishing" the cables between boxes, I am laying them in channels, stapleing them to the bottom of the channel( yes you read right, that is just as easy as putting staples into Georgia Pine) and covering the channel with painter's tape prior to the glue for the next course. They glue these blocks together with something like thin set, not mortar. Its been an interesting job so far.