this is the story of a 5 year old old boy that died on thanksgiving.his parents only lived 3 miles from me and I knew his grandparents. I am just wondering what happened to all the safe guards on transformers.

Five-year-old electrocuted at Mishawaka apartment complex
MISHAWAKA — Police said they believe a child died Thursday when he crawled into an electrical transformer and was electrocuted.

Mishawaka Assistant Chief Mike Samp did not release the boy's name. He said the boy was 5 years old.

Samp said the boy managed to get into a transformer box at the Williamsburg on the Lake apartment complex and was apparently electrocuted when he grabbed onto electrical circuitry inside the box.

Samp said a further medical evaluation on the cause of death is expected this morning.

The accident happened not long after 5 p.m.

Samp said power in that apartment complex, the Carriage House apartment complex and the surrounding area was turned off so police, firefighters and utility workers could safely investigate the accident.

The transformer box was near the line between the Williamsburg on the Lake and Carriage House complexes.

link southbendtribune www.southbendtribune.com

when in doubt jump it out
I happily work for slumlords