Hello All,

I've just recently encountered a situation that I'm not sure what the cause may be and wanted to get some opinions. Maybe some of you have even seen this before.

On a recently completed project we installed about 24 26W compact flourescent recessed cans (Lithonia LX7F,120V ballast) in a corridor. The fixtures have a GE 4-pin Biax 26W CFL bulb installed. Initially we had a couple of bulbs burn out after about 2-weeks or so of operation. I thought maybe a couple of bad bulbs in the batch, so we replaced them. A week later there were two more burned out, different locations. I thought it was starting to get a little suspicious, but we replaced these two and watched. It's now been about 3 months and I continue to have these units burn out (up to a total of 7 so far). At $11 a pop I can't ignore that there maybe some weird problem on this particular circuit after all these things are suppose to last a long time 12000 Life Hours rating according to GE catalog. I find it hard to believe this is due to a poorly made product, if so GE would go out of business at this rate.

We have a couple other circuits with the same type of bulbs and fixtures and we haven't had this problem (yet).

What opinions do you have about this situation and any suggestions on what I should look for while troubleshooting.

Thanks