Welcome to ECN adroga. I recently hired an apprentice from Montreal. My company is located in Alberta! I received a call from a plumbing company about this kid. He wasn't even working for them. He was working for a roofing comany! This kid moved to AB and shortly thereafter started with a roofing company. He told everyone on the work sites about his schooling and asked if anyone was hiring apprentices. The plumbers were working alongside him and were so impressed with his work ethics and attitude that they tried to hire him but the kid said he really wanted to be an electrician. The plumbers immediately called me. A short interview later I had him working for me. He has construction and maintenance school training. The only difficulty we have had is with the paperwork from Quebec. Believe it or not Alberta is not a bilingual province and the Apprenticeship Board needed all his education paperwork translated into english. It took some time but he is now registered as a first year apprentice and is going to challenge the first year apprentice exam. When he passes he will officially be a second year apprentice. Then he will challenge the third year exam...and so on... This kid was persistent, patient and always had a good outlook. He knew he would eventually get an apprenticeship. And he did! It took a little over a year and relocating 3000km but his dream has come true. He wants to move back to Quebec when he has his journeyman ticket. That means I will only have him for three more years. Too bad cuz he is an awesome electrician! There are different ways of apprenticing to become an electrician in different parts of the world. Lots of pro's and con's for each system but in the end when you get your ticket you get to light up the planet! Sweet! Just be patient and get your name out there to as many companies as possible. Have a great and safe career! By the way it took me almost ten years to get my apprenticeship. Long story for another day.