I seems that everyone does pretty much the same thing.
It’s true that device screw terminals are listed for stranded wire as well, but it’s sometimes a pain to wrap the wires neatly without loose strands, especially on the screw terminals of less expensive commercial spec grade and resi grade receptacles.
I will sometimes twist and then loop the stranded wire around the screw terminal as if I were looping to second device and then, after tightening, snip it off about 3/16” beyond the screw so the little piece of remaining insulation holds the strands together neatly.
However, many times in order to make things easier and to follow the UL 508a standard, I, like many other electricians, will use other approved means for terminating stranded wires as well.

UL508a Standard
A connection to a wire-binding screw shall be made as follows such that no loose strands protrude from the connection.
a) Solid wire formed into a loop at least three quarters (270 degrees) around the terminal, or
b) Stranded wire that is:
1) Soldered.
2) Connected to a terminal provided with upturned ends.
3) Connected to a terminal provided with a cup washer, or
4) Connected to a crimped pressure terminal connector or eyelet.

On circuit breakers, I personally don’t like connecting stranded conductors smaller than #10.
I’ve seen too many problems with heating and corrosion between strands with the squashing and separation that occurs with the clamp type terminals, like on SQD QO. The brands like Siemens that have a plain screw terminal seem to be worse by sometimes letting loose strands ride out the side of the screw when tightened.

JMHO