Does anyone have a comment on the wiring method used to connect the battery charger and interlock wiring between the generator and the transfer switch? Let me explain- The transfer switch (200a. Service rated) is located about 100 feet the generator. The transfer switch has overcurrent protection integral with the switch. There is a 240v. fuse block located within the transfer switch and this is used to supply the battery charger located in the generator enclousure. There is a 24v. circuit between the generator and the transfer switch used to trigger a relay an hence the transfer of power. I think the 24v. power source is in the generator. I say "I think" because I have not been able to get much information from Generac. So my question is: What wiring method would I expect to see for this installation? The installation in question has a run of SER for the load and CL2 18/4 for the 240v. battery charger circuit and the 24v. interlock circuit.
I believe the CL2 would be suitable for the relay interlock wiring if the circuit were Class 2 but I think the 240v. circuit would require an equipment grounding conductor and should not be wired with CL2 cable. I apologize for the length of this post but Hey! you want details don't you?

George Little