This is my third year in business. Business has picked up but I've been so busy I haven't had time to sit down and see where the company is at financially. Oh I know there's money in the bank but I'm not sure if I'm making more or less than last year.

My biggest problem is too small of a customer base. I have one GC I have done many projects for but my days with him are numbered (slow payer, demands quick response times, questions pricing, etc.)

I have one other GC that I have done four commercial build-outs for and he is the type of guy who stays with one EC for a long time. His last EC was with him for 15 years but their level of service to him started dropping so he dropped them and I got in. He is the nicest guy to deal with. No BS, pays on time, laid back, etc. He had problems with his elevator not working so the elevator tech comes out and narrows the problem down to a faulty 3pole 100amp shunt trip breaker. I arrive and find the actual problem. A bolt that held the 200amp breaker in the gear outside was installed incorrectly from the factory. It had been arcing for two years and a quarter of the screw was melted away. I showed the GC the problem, replaced the bolt and the GC was thrilled. A 10cent screw compared to a breaker that probably costs around three hundred dollars !

Anyway, I really need to sit down and try to figure out what my overhead percentage should be but I'd be lying if I said I knew how to figure this out.