So I open my email account and I see a September Promotions email from Generac. It states, "Buy any two 10-16Kw generators before Sept. 25 and receive a Milwaukee 18volt battery drill and a Milwaukee jobsite radio."

I think great. I just ordered one 10Kw today and I'm pretty confident I can sell another one before the dealine.

So I called my latest account manager (they seem to change every few months) to ask what I need to do to take advantage of the promotion. He said, "Buy two 10-16Kw units." I said, "Okay, I just ordered one today and I'm sure I can sell another before the deadline." He says, "Nope, you have to buy two at the same time." I said, "That's not what your email states. It says if I buy two units before Sept.25 I get the promotional items." He says, "That's not how it works."

So we go round and round and he starts getting ignorant (as they typically do at Generac) and I ask for his boss. He says, "I'll talk to him. Hold on." He comes back and says, "My boss agrees with me."

So I ended that conversatin and called a customer of mine who is an attorney and explain the situation to him. He advised me to file a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General if I do in fact purchase another unit before the Sept. 25 and they fail to honor their promotion. He said it's false advertising.

Any other Generac dealers here that would like to comment ? If there was another residential generator manufacturer that could deliver I would be glad to drop Generac.

Last edited by sparky 134; 09/17/07 10:30 PM. Reason: I can't spell real good like