Hello everyone.

After installing a 16KW Generac genset for a customer of mine who is terminal / ill, I have some comments and questions for the forum.

The Generac is a quality "USA" { i hope] product and it came in a box way to ready to go. So easy to insatll. Full rated SE ATS "prewired".

It worked perfectly and was/ is running self exercises weekly and provides whole house standby power when needed on demand. Works like a charm.

Down side?

OEM support isnt there if you are not willing to stock parts for warranty etc, and spend a lot of money attending seminars and the like in their town in Wisconsin and visting "the factory".

I was contacted by them and I told them my opinion. They should bring field reps to our towns and provide info and training. Havent heard from them since.

So Im looking around for other options and wondered if the forum might have some from the memebers.

Now to ART 702. I insalled the 16KW with ATS on the whole house. I bypassed the entire 100 amp main and re-feed all loads from a 70 amp OEM prewired asslembly to the ATS rated
at 100 amp with all the 2-pole 50, 40, 30, 5 SP 15's, 5 SP 20's. Plenty of power on Standby.

But on normal power/utility the home is now fed from a 2P 70 until a outage occurs. Any opinions?

I and the AHJ talked it thru and he passed it as is.

Seems kind of gray if you get my meaning.

BTW, I tried to explain to the customer in lay terms why not to feed all loads but he prevailed and I knew that everything would hold up. No hazards. But I still was cautious about my AHJ.

I know/think that not all lacals would buy this install but the gear is listed as 100 amp SE fed from a normal/utility 70.

I know it comes to to load/demand but I think that the Nec and this particular "approved"/ listed OEM havent yet met.

Thanks in advance.