Tom,
I appreciate your response but I must disagree. The article says it does not "COVER" it.

MSHA says:
At metal and non metal surface and underground mines the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) does not specifically enforce the National Electric Code (NEC). MSHA does use the NEC as a reference source. If your operation is in compliance with the provisions of the NEC, your operation will be in compliance with the MSHA standards addressing the same matters.

For metal and non metal surface and underground mines the standards dealing with over current protection can be found in Title 30 Code of Federal Regulations (30CFR) Subpart K – Electricity. Standards 30 CFR § 56/57.12001, 56/57.12002 and 56/57.12004 address over current protection.

For you reference and review below is a link to 30 CFR.
http://www.msha.gov/30CFR/0.0.htm
-------------------------

That said, we try to meet both MSHA and the NEC. You cant be an electrician and not use the NEC in my opinion. Industry standards is the key word here. Just because the NEC does not cover it does not mean I cant use it to install safely.

This installation actually does meet the NEC. The real question is 240.21. This is a continuous conductor that does receive its supply from a OCPD. The MPC has a Splice/Jbox built into it with barriers and firewalls to protect it from the other components.

Thanks

Windmiller

We all live under one King