A worthy Q.....perhaps our Canadian brethren here could answer per thier locality....

(Electrical) Nov 14, 2002
I have nowhere else to ask this so please clear this up. Is it against the law for anyone other than a certified Electrician (Journyman) to work within an Electrical Maintenance capacity in a Plant? What law? Please give me a reference to an Ontario Act. ,Law or Regulation. I believe it is so but I can't find the source of this law. Thanks.

Should said poster wish an answer south of the boarder, Vermont's Laws on this are here.

ยง 910. License not required

A license shall not be required for the following types of work:

(1) Any electrical work, including construction, installation, operation, maintenance and repair of electrical installations in, on or about equipment or premises, which are owned or leased by the operator of any industrial or manufacturing plant, if the work is done under the supervision of an electrical engineer or master electrician in the employ of the operator;

bold to indicate that this NEVER happens, think about this...what contractor or EE in his/her right mind is going to assume liability for the work of others?

ergo----dumb law that does'nt work, shop sweep/maintenace dude continues on unsupervised.....
[Linked Image]