I'm falling behind. I've been on the road the last few weeks and I could not think of the name of the website to look for it. Oui Vey! I saw a T-shirt that said, "When I grow up, I want to be an electrician.":D

All kidding aside, It is hard to find good help and it is only getting harder. If you have the ambition, mechanical aplititude, and are willing to pay the dues, go for it. You ambition is something that is lagging in many others.

Remember safety first, safety always. Find a reputable company to learn the trade and remeber the number one cardinal rule of electrical work. That is, "Always assume that what you are working on is hot." In other words test before you touch. Back feed sucks. Second rule is never trust another electrician then he or she tells you the power is off. I have plenty of wire cutters which is now wire stripers plus it violates rule 1.

do not try to memorize the code but learn how to use and interpret the code. It is good to know where to look in the code. As you start to learn the code, you will start to see contridiction within. If you know how to interpret the code and the intention of the code, live will be better for you. I try to keep my nose in it as much as possible. It always changing.

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa