I'd be over at the ladies house within an hour myself.

I'd inspect the work and see who is pulling a fast one. If it's the lady, be polite and show her how you know that the outlet is new and that it is wired correctly.

If it's your field tech, perform the work properly and comp the work, along with a healthy discount on future work. Appologize profusely and assure her that this employee does not represent the policy of your business, and that you will takes the steps necessary to alleviate the problem.

The employee, if he did fake a service order, is a matter you will have to deal with based on his side of the story and his previous work history. Maybe something is up with his personal life - maybe you can help - or maybe he needs to be fired. Nobody here can give you a cut and dry answer on this without hearing what your guy has to say for himself.

My policy is that I would start the conversation with him with the mindset that I'm going to have to let him go. I would let him know this and see what happens from there. Everybody should have ONE opportunity to fix ONE screw up, but there is never room for a second, no matter who that employee is. Once is a screw up, twice is a pattern.