Originally Posted by ChicoC10
I don't see anything wrong with this if we assume the intent of the program was to insure that working electricians are experienced and have passed qualifying exams.(as opposed to being another way for govt. to exert control over us while taking our money)

IMPO it was to exclude some from working on particular projects, for particular prevailing wage clients. Oh, and take your money too in the process. But then again, (I'll speak for myself...) I am a bit jaded...

jmt, I will also ditto and vouch for electrure's advice on the topic. And add that it is not too late to apply for and take the test for General Journeyman IMO. Yes while the deadline to 'be certified' on the latest of its bazillion enforcement dates was 2006, (excuse me - but SO WHAT?!?) if you feel you qualify to take the C-10, then you should also be qualified to apply for and and take the General Certification test - if they deny you in any way - MAKE A FEDERAL CASE OUT OF IT! (Literally!) The DAS did not even send a letter to C-10's until well after the deadline, and botched this thing either out of complete ignorance or malace IMO. The DAS itself is not in compliance with their own law in a few ways, and why should they expect you to? And the use of the word "disenfranchisement" comes to mind everytime I even think about this fiasco.

(Excuse me, I need another cup of coffee...)

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason