The writer raises some interesting issues:

They can't be used in ovens or freezers
So what? Don't use them in those places. Cars can't be driven underwater, either.

They need ventilation
Some need it more than others. Again, where this is a problem, don't use them, or change out the fixture.

They require more energy to manufacture
I've heard that claimed, and it's probably true, but who can say how much? Let's say its 5x the energy to manufacture an incandescent (I doubt it's that much). The CFL lasts about 10x as long, and use 75% less energy. Do the math.

They have a short life if switched frequently
Define frequently. 2-4 operations per day will make a negligible difference. Motion sensor lights, on the other hand, are not a good application for CFLs.

They don't fit in all fixtures
No, but they do fit in most fixtures.

They contain mercury
Yes, they do, in very tiny amounts. However, in most areas, they actually reduce the mercury released into the environment, since most utilities burn coal, which releases mercury compounds into the air. The average US resident gets 50% of their electricity from coal. This graph shows the reduction. Keep in mind this reduction applies if the spent lamp is thrown in the garbage. If the lamp is recycled (which will become easier in the future), the reduction is even greater.

I consider all of these items but the last to be non-issues. The public needs to know about the mercury, and recycling needs to be made easier, but there is no reason to panic, nor does this mean that CFLs are not a "green" technology.

Also, I do not consider PrisonPlanet to be a credible source of any sort of information whatsoever.